New Hampshire has a mandatory boating education law. Everyone 16 years of age and older who operates a motorboat over 25 horsepower on New Hampshire waters must have a boating education certificate.
New Hampshire accepts the following boating education certificates:
Boating Education Course Schedule and Registration
Search the Classroom Course Schedule
- A boating certificate issued by another State agency and NASBLA approved.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Power Squadron.
- A boating certificate issued by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the US Coast Guard.
- An unexpired commercial boating license issued by the State of New Hampshire.
- If you wish to operate a motorboat on New Hampshire waters and you do not have any of the above certificates, please sign up for one of our classroom courses listed below. The State proctored examination is included with the classroom course and is given during the last hour of the class.
- search for a classroom course by date or location
Search the Proctored Exam Schedule
- search for a proctored exam by date or location
Click here to access the course, practice exam and final exam.